Below you can find detailed information about what cookies are, what types of cookie this website uses, how you can disable them on your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third party cookies.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install in the user’s browser or device (for example: smartphone, tablet or smart television) whilst they are browsing through the pages of a website or an application and they are used to store information about your visit.
- Ensure that the pages on the website work correctly.
- Store preferences, such as the language selected or font size.
- Learn about the user’s browsing experience.
- Gather anonymous statistical information, such as which pages the user has visited and how long they stayed on the website.
- Type, purpose and operation
Cookies, depending on how long they remain, can be divided into session cookies and permanent cookies. The first expire when the user closes their browser. The second expire when they fulfil the objective for which they were created (for example, to ensure that the user remains logged in on the website) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): These are essential for the proper functioning of the page. They are normally generated when the user accesses the website or logs in and they are used to identify them on the website for the following purposes:
- To keep the user logged in so that, if they leave the website, browser or device and come back to that website at a later time, they will remain logged in, thus facilitating their browsing without having to log back in.
- To check whether the user is authorised to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance: These are used to improve the browsing experience and optimise the functioning of the website, such as storing service settings or storing purchases made in a shopping basket.
- Advertising: These collect information about the adverts shown to users of the website. They may be one of two types:
- Anonymous: These only collect information about the advertising spaces shown on the website, regardless of the user accessing the website, that is, they do not expressly identify them.
- Customised: These collect personal information about the user of the website by a third party in order to customise these advertising spaces.
- Geo-location: These cookies are used to find out in which country or region the user is located when they access a service on the website to offer them content or services tailored to their location.
- Analytics: These collect information about the user’s browsing experience on the website, normally anonymously, although occasionally they also allow the user to be uniquely and unequivocally identified to obtain reports on the interest users show in the services offered by the website.
- Cookies used on this website
Shown below is a table with the cookies used on this website, including a “level of intrusiveness” criteria based on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
Level 1: this corresponds to cookies that are strictly necessary to provide the service requested by the user.
Level 2: this corresponds to performance cookies (anonymous) that are necessary for the maintenance of content and browsing, of which it is only necessary to report on their existence.
Level 3: this corresponds to cookies managed by third parties that allow users to be tracked through websites not owned by TORRES HERMANOS Y SUCESORES, S.A.U. These normally correspond to advertising cookies or analytics cookies where the user is uniquely and clearly identified.
Table of cookies used:
If the user so wishes, it is possible to stop accepting cookies through the browser or stop accepting the cookies for a particular service. All modern browsers allow you to change cookie settings. These settings are normally found in “Options” or “Preferences” of the browser menu.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- What happens if I disable the cookies?
- Updating of the Cookies Policy
TORRES HERMANOS Y SUCESORES, S.A.U. may amend this Cookies Policy in response to legislative and regulatory requirements or to adapt this policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, so users are advised to visit it regularly. When any significant changes occur to this Cookies Policy, the company will publish them on the website.